Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Blessings Surround Us....


Welp.....now that most of you have gotten your Christmas card or heard the news I think I am safe to tell you about the talk of a little one that has been fluttering around our house for weeks or should I say the NEWS of the little one. After speculation from some and lots of wonder from others we are PROUD to announce that Callen is going to be a BIG brother. We couldnt be more excited! Baby will make his or her debut by July 1st. Sorry for keeping you all at bay but we figured it was the best option for a little while and I really wanted to give us time to adjust to the news as well.......


More then anything I LOVE how Callen has been reacting to the word "Baby" ever since we told him and showed him my tummy he gives kisses and sings (or hums) a little tune to the sweet little one growing inside. Every night just before he falls fast asleep I will catching him pulling up my shirt kissing my tummy then giving me a sugar then we sing You are my Sunshine (this has been Callens song we sang since the day he was born) and snuggle in for a nice long slumber. Although to my dismay we are going to transition Callen out of our bed into his big boy bed because Chris said 4 people cant sleep in one bed so for now we are planning on Callen in his room and baby will sleep in the baby bed in the baby room.......(shhhhh oh the perks of being the 1st and I must say I will sure miss my snuggles and morning wake up with Callen snuggled close in bed)although I am sure we can defiantely still squeeze in those special nights where he gets to sleep with mommy and daddy.


While it is still one of those bitter sweet moments I think in the end it will all work itself out and my mind will be put to ease....part of me is sad Callen will no longer be "The Baby in our house" and part of me has continuous fears about how he will treat his new brother or sister but in the end the biggest part of me cannot wait to see how close these two become and the many joys of having two!! At times I just remind myself that Callen will have gotten 2 years of 100% mommy and daddy time that baby #2 will never have and that Callen and baby will be OH so close and 2 of the best buds......


So from our home to yours Merry Christmas and may all your blessing be filled this year!

No comments: