Friday, March 6, 2009

Wishes....











Being pregnant, of course, has brought so many things right to the surface in ways that I hope to raise our kids to be decent, respectful, productive members of this world. I just hope that the answers come when they are needed and that I am brave enough to share them. Thus my sweet little Callen can be such a toot but in the same moment can show his love like no other......ahhh the joys although these days the toot is coming out more and more.


I hope you learn humility by being humiliated, and that you learn honesty by being cheated.
I hope you learn to make your own bed and mow the lawn and wash the car.
And I really hope nobody gives you a brand new car when you are sixteen.
It will be good if at least one time you can see puppies born and your old dog put to sleep.
I hope you get a black eye fighting for something you believe in.
I hope you have to share a bedroom with your younger brother or maybe in this case your FRILLY sister. And it's all right if you have to draw a line down the middle of the room, but when he or she wants to crawl under the covers with you because there scared, I hope you let them.
When you want to see a movie and your little sister wants to tag along, I hope you'll let her.
I hope you have to walk uphill to school with your friends and that you live in a town where you can do it safely. Although in your case it may be a little hill...lol
On rainy days when you have to catch a ride, I hope you don't ask to be dropped two blocks away so you won't be seen riding with someone as uncool as your Mom.
I hope you learn to dig in the dirt (your getting pretty darn good at this one my little Farm Loving Dude) and read books. I am pretty sure you are accomplishing this one no problem.
When you learn to use computers, I hope you also learn to add and subtract in your head and not rely on what is easiest
I hope you get teased by your friends when you have your first crush, and when you talk back to your mother that you learn what ivory soap tastes like.
May you skin your knee climbing a mountain, burn your hand on a stove (maybe not this one) and stick your tongue on a frozen flagpole. (well maybe just one of those 3 because lord knows when you hurt mommy hurts)
If a friend offers you some type of drug, I hope you realize he is not your friend and you have learned to JUST SAY NO.
I sure hope you make time to sit on a porch with your Bebe/Mimi&Grandma, listen to stories from Pappy and Grandpa and go fishing with your Uncles and listen to stories of the past about your daddy or mommy from your Aunts. And that when Uncle Blaine is in his teen years giving Bebe trouble you close your eyes tight and dont take ANY notes (face it mom at somepoint this may happen although knowing your luck he will be and ANGEL forever)
May you feel sorrow at a funeral and joy during the holidays.
I hope as you mother I punishes you when you throw a baseball through your neighbor's window and I hug you and kiss you at Christmas time when you give me a plaster mold of your hand.
I'd really like for them to know about hand-me-down clothes and homemade ice cream and leftover sandwiches and how to give to those less fortunate because lord knows we have been blessed.
But more then anything I want them to know how much they are loved......








Ok, ok enough of the mushy stuff but when I am in my picture hiatus and yall havent heard from me in weeks I am entitled to make at least one LONG email!!! lol So now let me let you know what has been going on in our world. We have been fighting the flu (Callen had 2 weeks ago)luckily we caught it early and were able to get on some GREAT medicine.....we have been throwing baseballs, planting a little corn with daddy in the evenings (please pray for rain and it is getting quite devistating around here HECK around the whole state), playing in the beautiful weather, talking up a storm, shocking mommy and daddy with things he says, cleaning closets (since I now have to face the fact baby B is NOT a boy), falling in love with the idea of a girl or sister as we tell Callen, getting ready for the BIG boy to turn 2 (where does time go), Callen getting sick AGAIN (luckily he is the BEST sick patient you could ask for), seeing family and friends and Callen making new friends at the baseball games and following others around like he is a BIG boy (thanks Ethan)......Awww the list goes on and on kind of like where does time go. As you all may well know he has quite the personality although Chris and I often laugh and wonder where did he get that from....There is no telling with him he is defiantely one of a kind--you know the kissable, huggable, loveable kind (most the time). Hope you have a GREAT week.




No comments: