I have to be the 1st to admit I have been very very nervous about this appointment--no real reason other then I always worry I will hear P is behind or lacking something that she needs to grow and function like all babies...I guess with her it is in my nature although her appointment went amazing besides the 1 hiccup I figured was coming but it will be OK there isnt a doubt in my mind!!

So onto the appointment-- 1st let me say I LOVE Dr. Dentler he is up front honest and really calls it like it is and to me that is just what I want in my childrens pediatrician-- 1st I had a bazillon questions about Callen but suprisingly NONE about Paisley besides the answers I knew were coming--height, weight, HEAD and stats

Let me warn you all Paisley is the size of the average 6 month old and I knew she was small but perspective to me is everything

These are her stats throughout the year:
5/22/09 ~4.25 lbs 0%, 16.75 inches long 0% and 12.25 inch head 0%
6/24/2009 ~6.75 lbs 0%, 19.0 inches long 0% and 13.75 inch head 3%
7/27/2009~ 9.19 lbs 1%, 20.50 inches long 0% and 15.0 inch head 43%
9/30/2009~12.1 lbs 4%, 23.0 inches long 1% and 16.25 inch head 60%
11/30/2009~ 13.46 lbs 2%, 24.0 inches long 2% and 17.0 inch head 88%
2/22/2009~ 15.1 lbs 2%, 26.25 inches long 5% and 18.0 inch head 92%
TODAY'S BIG APPOINTMENT
16.06 lbs. 1%, 27.25 inches long 2%, AND 18.50 inch head 100%
So while the BIG head is not a great concern because her brother followed the same trend there is a possibility if at her 15 month appointment that her head is still measuring off the charts they will to a precautionary scan (this is NOTHING I am worried about as I know my sweet babies have larger heads) Dr. Dentler is not concerned either and says by 15 months he believes it wont be necessary so we are waiting it out (this too was the case with Callen so I tend not to focus on it or worry)--sweet girl I told him the reason the dear lord blessed you with a BIG head was to hold up those BIG bows momma loves soooo much and Dr. D's reply " well those sweet bands she is wearing she wont be able to wear much longer so be ready" and he is sooooo right they are running on the tight side but till they pop bands and bows it is..heehehee
Developmentally he was extremely impressed-- we had the normal questions like does she say momma and dadda (2 recognizable words ) I answered YES and P immediately said DADA what a little show off... then onto does she play peek and boo and patty cake and P in her show off fashion started patty cake for Dr. D--- and also gave him her HIGH FIVE which he loved the interaction. He was talking to his assistant and told her that for a 1 year old P was extremely cooperative and interacted with them and even carried consistent eye contact- this is NOT typical of a 1 year old-- let me say AMEN to that (have any of you met Callen at a year??) yes she listens shocking but ask me at 16 if she is still that way ;) and I guarantee a different answer. Dr. D then broke the news-- 3 shots one in the leg and one in each arm and he told me she WILL remember these and next time she wont like this place-- although I think it will be ok.
She was GREAT for the shot she cried and by the time band-aides were on she was well over the shots and waving bye bye to the nurses-- Sweet Girl and am soooo very relieved at where you are a year ago from last year...you are a blessing to our family and your 1st year has been a wild journey and an unforgettable one..you have defeated the odds and are growing to be a very little princess--- while Dr. D says you will be a petite little lady I know that ANYTHING is possible!!
Hugs Sweet Sweet Baby
Developmentally he was extremely impressed-- we had the normal questions like does she say momma and dadda (2 recognizable words ) I answered YES and P immediately said DADA what a little show off... then onto does she play peek and boo and patty cake and P in her show off fashion started patty cake for Dr. D--- and also gave him her HIGH FIVE which he loved the interaction. He was talking to his assistant and told her that for a 1 year old P was extremely cooperative and interacted with them and even carried consistent eye contact- this is NOT typical of a 1 year old-- let me say AMEN to that (have any of you met Callen at a year??) yes she listens shocking but ask me at 16 if she is still that way ;) and I guarantee a different answer. Dr. D then broke the news-- 3 shots one in the leg and one in each arm and he told me she WILL remember these and next time she wont like this place-- although I think it will be ok.
She was GREAT for the shot she cried and by the time band-aides were on she was well over the shots and waving bye bye to the nurses-- Sweet Girl and am soooo very relieved at where you are a year ago from last year...you are a blessing to our family and your 1st year has been a wild journey and an unforgettable one..you have defeated the odds and are growing to be a very little princess--- while Dr. D says you will be a petite little lady I know that ANYTHING is possible!!
Hugs Sweet Sweet Baby














3 comments:
Glad to see she is growing well. Nat was only 17lbs at 1 yr old and look at her now she is bigger than most girls her age! :) About the head, completely understandable. Gabby's head is 17 3/4 right now which is the average 1 yr old head....that is why the doctor is so concerned...hope it goes well
Glad to hear everything went well! She is growing leaps and bounds! Way to go Paisley!
love her head stats, haha....Did you tell Dr. D it is just full of brains??? She is going to be your Super Smart Child!! :)
Post a Comment