Friday, September 10, 2010

1st SOCCER Practice

Can you tell I am behind on the blog yet again... I still have beach post, and post from this week. Of course I will catch up just give me time.

Tuesday we (Callen) had his 1st soccer practice and I have to admit it was incredible. Honestly I was expecting Callen to be shy, standoffish, not want to play with the other kids-- because well for Callen it is the norm to take him time to fell comfortable it has been that way from the beginning and we just tend to prepare for that. However let me say I was pleasantly surprised- he LOVED it, the did all the drills, listened well to the coaches, cheered on his friends, made new friends and was really quite the little player. I can see that once a week is not going to be enough action for this little boy because as soon as we were in the car leaving he asked "we can practice again tomorrow mom?" -- too bad practices are once a week and games don't start till October.
Keep your eye on the ball--isn't that what they say
No hands- just control it with your feet
Watch, listen and take turnsGreat control
Strong solid kicks
Nice stops

No worries I think daddy will have both his babes practicing on evenings we are free and weekends ;)

And as our surprise for him we are enrolling him in karate- he has been asking for quite sometime and we have been hesitant until he shared with me last night.."mom I don't want to fight my friends just hit the board OK" well little man little did you know that statement is landing you in karate and I hope you love it as much as you talk about it!!

Our official cheer leader or maybe she will be in charge of the cones

No comments: