Thursday, September 16, 2010

Excitement Builds

Let's just say the house is coming along fantastic....they know November is there deadline and all guns a blazing. It is nice to walk in and see our painter-- he is WONDERFUL-- friendly and kind and when Callen was with me yesterday he carried on a conversation with my child-- what a GREAT personality. Yesterday we finalized the colors and I must say they are a bit on the neutral side but I think they are going to really work. I stepped out on Chris's office and am super excited to pull that look together. Of course I was resistant to going pink in Paisley's room but the reality is she is only going to be little once and this is my chance so pink it is although the pink we choose is almost white. Callen's room I am staying on the safe side it wont be much different then his old room color a rich velevety brown and I have to say I LOVE the color of his old room. And GASP but the palyroom is neutral-- I couldnt sway myself into crazy colors or decide between pink, or green or blue so fox trot tan it is-- lol
This is a sign they are working
When we left the painter yesterday he had a box of goodies to take with him to the paint store to " match" a sink for the laundry room, a frame for the playroom bath, a frame for the playroom shelving, a picture for the powder room, a LARGE frame for the entry and art areas-- oh my bless his heart. I am excited thrilled and cannot wait for the first touch of paint to get on the walls-- anxiety is building. I cant wait to see cabinet doors, wood floors, carpet, furniture and my 2 sweet babes running and playing and gleeming with excitement of there new home. This morning Callen said "mom I just want to be at our new house-- please they are almost done" and yes sweet boy you are right we too long to be home, to our wonderful neigbors, to watching my babies play and ride there toys, to them having ROOMS again..... I cannot wait and let me say the anxiety builds. So get ready because this crazy ride is coming to an end and when it does we are going to have a BIG party and let everyone come so we can make our house finally a home.This is looking into our dining room-- the beam you see there is temporary-- in the garage there has been some beating going on and distressing and that pole will have a old worn an teathered look and the white temp pole will be gone. And yes the front doors are MIA last Friday they came the "fix them" and they took the doors back to do some serious FIXING!!From the dining area-- looking into the kitchen and to the right to the kids roomThe magic post-- one day it will be there and hopefully soon it will be goneThis is from the living into the kitchen area
More kitchen area
From the kitchen into the living room
I love the ceiling-- Will our builder has doen some incredible surprises for us and wow do we love them
From the kitchen looking to the office-- LOVE my doors
Lots of cabinet doors to be hung-- loads of drawers
We are now in sweet P's room-- this will be her little princess suiteThis is her room again-- looking to her bedroom door-- she does have a wonderful BIG window in her room as wellAnd this is Callen's room looking out from his part of the bath areaFrom his window looking in
There bath area-- STRIPES here we come

We are now upstairs in the "tower" looking out from the playroom

I know the playroom was supposed to be top secret-- but this is your sneaky peek-- from the tower hall looking in (mommy had them raise the shelving in the playroom as originally it was one unit)

This is from the window area looking in the playroom-- LOVE the floating shelf-- thank pottery barn teen and thank you Ricardo for your amazing work!!

Playroom bathroom

Another bathroom glimpse from the other angle

Now down the stairs across the hall and to the master we go-- I LOVE my windows although look how tall the grass is bet our neighbors are ready for us to be home....sad when Mr. Hahn had to cut Mrs. Hahn a path to the house-- they are the official housekeepers for us and we long to be back so my sweet babies can run over there anytime!

Looking in from the master to the master bath


Master bath-- and YES the tub is still missing

Master closet

Outside

And yes we are longing to be home--- see the playscape it wants kids to play on it sooooo bad-- and we miss it!!

No comments: