
Isn't it funny as a child I loved and played with my cabbage patch babies never thinking I would someday have a child of my own and she too would have a cabbage patch baby (funny what is around for generations)..... I look at this picture and it puts me in a special time and place along with many emotions for my princess. I love being a mommy of a daughter--she honestly has the best demeanor I have ever been around always happy and bubbly. Don't get me wrong I love love love my little boy-- he is rough and tumble and go go go so he never leaves for a dull moment and at night when I lay down with him he is the sweetest angel and I cherish him daily. But when I tell you there is a definite difference between a boy and a girl trust me there is NEVER would Callen have shown any interest in a baby and as you can tell Sweet P loves hers!! In fact Sweet P loves any baby she sees even when it is herself in the mirror....so sweet and funny on the differences between them...but there is no doubt this girl while sweet and bubbly can hold her own and is to rough and tumble all in part to that brother of hers and we wouldn't have it any other way!!!













2 comments:
I had two of the preemie Cabbage Patch babies. I remember my grandmother showing up at Kmart at midnight I think it was when the truck unloaded them to make sure I had them for Christmas morning. I still have them in Eliza's closet waiting for her.
It is funny....I think girl babies/toddlers have this innate tendency to nurture their dolls. My 13 month old went off to daycare and pretended to "nurse" her doll. Modeling her sister being fed? It is like these babies KNOW how to lift and carry their dolls and care for them. My neighbor only buys "gender neutral" toys for her daughter, but funny, as soon as I showed up at the first birthday party with girlie stuff like a purse and doll....she knew EXACTLY what to do! :o)
Post a Comment